ABOUT TAVOR 7
Due to the dynamic changes in the battlefield and the necessity of a potent 7.62mm cartridge weapon with superior performance, granting the troops an innovative, powerful, accurate and reliable weapon that can be rapidly and easily deployed in all combat situations- IWI created the TAVOR 7 7.62x51mm Assault Rifle.
TAVOR 7 is a bullpup configuration system – rear center of gravity enabling a rapid acquisition of the target and providing the ability to fire the weapon with only one hand.
Furthermore, due to the bullpup configuration, the weapon’s overall length can be significantly reduced without modifying the barrel length, allowing maneuverability in CQB / confined spaces and at the same time, being lethal for long ranges.
TAVOR 7 is a battle ready innovative weapon, built to be durable and robust, designed in close collaboration with the IDF to create a weapon with outstanding performance and accuracy in all environmental conditions with enhanced human ergonomics.
TAVOR 7 is made of superior steel and high strength impact modified polymer; it has a rotating bolt system ensuring maximum safety for the user.
TAVOR 7 can be easily adapted, depending on the operational requirements, military or law enforcement tasks – vehicle patrol & use, CQB & confined spaces, under cover missions – short and medium combat engagement, custom police operations, VIP protection, etc.
TAVOR 7 is a fully ambidextrous platform; the ejection side can be swapped rapidly and easily from side to side by the user. It is equipped with mil standard 1913 Picatinny rails on all sides allowing 100% compatibility with any available sights and/or accessories.
Highly efficient & reliable modular battle rifle
- Designed for minimum operator and armorer level maintenance, thus reducing life cycle costs
- 100% interchangeability, reducing the overall costs of the system
- All the metal parts of the weapon are corrosion resistant
- Body built of high strength impact modified polymer
- Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel, for enhanced accuracy & life cycle
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail
- The rifle is equipped with a significantly efficient jump compensator for better shooter stability
- Uses any NATOMIL STD 7.62 Steel / aluminum / polymer magazine
- Optimized ergonomic design
- Pistol grips can be changed or modified
- Fully Ambidextrous weapon:
- Safety Lever, Magazine Release, Bolt Catch: can be converted by the user from side to side ejection port, bolt and charging handel
- Non reciprocating charging handle
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access and hand protection
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Simple field stripping into only 2 parts, easy to clean and no need for special tools
- Detachablereplaceable barrel
- 2 different barrel lengths to choose from –17” and 20”
- 4 position gas regulator – RegularExtremeSuppressorClosed (for special operations)
- M-LOK fore end, provided MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions
- Covered MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail at the 6 o’clock position
Rifling: 4 RH Grooves, 1:12″ twist
Barrel length (mm): 432(17″)
Total length (mm): 730
Weight (approx. Kg) (w/o magazine): 4.1
Rate of fire (approx. Rd./min): 600~900